The leading textbook in pediatric nursing, Wong’s Nursing Care of Infants and Children 10th edition (PDF) takes an easy-to-understand, unique developmental approach to describe the care of children at every age and stage of development. Childhood disorders and diseases are organized by body systems and age groups, and described through the nursing process framework. This 10th edition includes updates on topics such as the new immunizations, CPR guidelines, and pain assessment and management. Written by pediatric experts, Dr. Marilyn Hockenberry and David Wilson, each with nearly thirty years of hands-on experience, this bestseller ebook provides an evidence-based, clinical perspective that shows how the quality of nursing care can impact quality patient outcomes.
- Emergency Treatment boxes serve as a quick reference in critical situations.
- Drug Alerts highlight important drug-related information for appropriate, safe care.
- Pathophysiology Reviews explain complicated disease processes with illustrated summary boxes.
- Critical thinking exercises use case studies to help you test and develop your own analytical skills.
- An emphasis on wellness includes principles of injury prevention and health promotion for each age group.
- Nursing Care Guidelines provide step-by-step, clear, detailed instructions on performing specific skills or procedures.
- Complementary & Alternative Therapy boxes include timely information on alternative medicine as a part of complete, comprehensive care.
- Nursing Tips include helpful hints and practical, clinical information, and Nursing Alerts provide critical information that must be considered in providing care.
- UNIQUE! Quality Patient Outcomes are discussed for major childhood disorders and diseases, showing how nursing care directly impacts patient outcomes.
- A focus on family-centered care emphasizes the role and influence of the family in illness and health with a separate chapter and Family-Centered Care boxes.
- A developmental approach addresses the differences at each stage of the child’s growth and enables you to individualize care at the appropriate level for every child.
- Atraumatic Care boxes contain techniques for care that minimize pain, stress, or discomfort and provide guidance for performing procedures in a caring manner.
- Nursing Care Plans provide models for planning patient care, with rationales explaining why specific nursing interventions have been chosen, and include nursing diagnoses, nursing interventions/rationales, patient/family goals, expected outcomes, and NOC and NIC guidelines.
“A great neonatal and paediatric reference and textbook…” – Jo Wilson on behalf of Nursing Times, March 2015
P.S A newer version of this ebook is also available. See related ebooks below
NOTE: This only contains Wong’s Nursing Care of Infants and Children 10e. No access codes included.