Pediatric Primary Care: Practice Guidelines for Nurses, 4th Edition, (PDF) is a comprehensive resource for well-child management and acute care management of childhood illnesses in a primary care setting. Written by real practicing experts, this textbook is intended for advanced practice nursing students as a quick reference guide once they enter clinical practice. To manage initial and follow-up visits, the 4th Edition features templates for gathering 1st visit history, as well as a template to record new information since the last patient visit. Instructions for gathering medical history information are also included.
The latest Fourth Edition is divided into 2 sections. The 1st section covers well-child care and includes new patient intake with a family, well-child visits, and normal development and growth. The 2nd section covers common childhood disorders in each system of the body. It is organized by body system and presents common medical conditions, treatment, complications, diagnosis, and patient/family education.
New to the Pediatric Primary Care, 4th edition:
- Updated case studies
- Updated pediatric practice guidelines
- Additional content related to screening for child abuse
- Images reflecting common childhood dermatological conditions
- Coverage of concussions and guidelines for safe return to activities
- Links to the current immunization schedule from the CDC and STI treatment and diagnosis
NOTE: This sale only includes the ebook Pediatric Primary Care: Practice Guidelines for Nurses, 4e, in PDF. No online access codes included.