Learn all the microbiology and fundamental immunology concepts you require to know for your courses and exams. Now completely revised and updated, Mims’ Medical Microbiology and Immunology, 6th Edition, (PDF) presents a clinically relevant, systems-based approach and abundant color illustrations that make this complicated subject easy to understand and remember.
- New and improved information reflects the growing importance of the human microbiota and the latest molecular approaches
- A new electronic ‘Vaccine Parade’ provides quick-reference coverage of the most commonly used vaccines in current clinical practice
- Understand and retain vital concepts easily, with a user-friendly color-coded format, key concept boxes, succinct text, and dynamic illustrations.
- Deepen your understanding of epidemiology and the significant role it plays in presenting evidence-based identification of key risk factors for disease and targets for preventative medicine.
- Approach microbiology by body system or by pathogen through the additional electronic ‘Pathogen Parade’ – a quickly searchable, cross-referenced glossary of viruses, bacteria, and fungi
- Effectively review for problem-based courses with the assistance of chapter introductions and ‘Lessons in Microbiology’ text boxes that stress the clinical relevance of the material, offer easy access to key concepts and provide valuable review tools.
- Learn about infections in the context of major body systems and comprehend why these are environments in which microbes can establish themselves, grow, and give rise to pathologic changes. This systems-based approach to microbiology uses integrated and case-based teaching that places the ‘bug parade’ into a clinical context.
“The ebook is useful for the intended audience without being too exhaustive. Every topic is treated with an intermediate level of depth without being in-depth and is comprehensible for readers new to the subject.” — Matthias J. Schnell, Ph.D. (Thomas Jefferson University) for Doody’s Review Services
NOTE: The product only includes the ebook Mims’ Medical Microbiology and Immunology, 6th Edition in PDF. No access codes are included.