This ebook, Learning & Behavior, 8th Edition, (PDF), reviews how animals and humans learn and how their behaviors are changed as a result of learning. It describes the most important principles, controversies, theories, and experiments that pertain to learning and behavior that are applicable to diverse species and different learning situations. Both classic studies and recent developments and trends are explored, providing a comprehensive survey of the field. Although the behavioral approach is emphasized, many cognitive theories are covered as well, along with a chapter on comparative cognition. Real-world examples and analogies make the concepts and theories more concrete and relevant to students. In addition, many chapters provide examples of how the principles covered have been applied to behavior modification and therapy. Thoroughly updated, every chapter features many new studies and references that reflect recent developments in the field. Learning objectives, bold-faced key terms, a chapter summary, practice quizzes, review questions, and a glossary are included. The ebook is intended for graduate or undergraduate courses in psychology of learning, (human) learning, introduction to learning, animal behavior, (principles of) learning and behavior, learning processes, conditioning and learning, experimental analysis of behavior, behaviorism, learning and motivation, and behavior analysis.
Highlights of the new 8th edition include:
– A new textbook design with more illustrations, photos, and tables.
– Discussions of recent developments in the growing field of neuroscience.
– Coverage of various theoretical perspectives to the study of learning—cognitive, behavioral, and physiological.
– New examples, references, and research studies to ensure students are introduced to the latest developments in the field.
– Expanded coverage of emerging topics such as the behavioral economics of addictions, disordered gambling, and impulsivity.
– In the Media, Spotlight on Research, and Applying the Research boxes that highlight recent applications of learning principles in psychology, education, sports, and the workplace.