With the evolution of healthcare policies and their subsequent integration into healthcare systems, this ebook, Introduction to Health Policy 2nd Edition (in PDF) by Leiyu Shi will introduce your students to health policy making, health policy research/evaluation methods, critical health policy issues, and international perspectives on health policy. Dr. Shi takes a unique perspective by integrating all these topics into this a one-of-a-kind ebook. Real-world examples and cases reinforce the concepts and theories throughout the ebook and address all healthcare settings, including managed care, public health, extended care, ambulatory care, and the hospital setting.
Introduction to Health Policy 2e provides an overview of:
- Processes and context for state, federal, and local health policy making
- Dominant frameworks of health determinants and health policy formulation
- Health policy issues related to financing and delivery in the U.S. and abroad
- The importance of an international perspective, in both developed and developing countries
- Health policy research methods so that college student can learn to study and analyze policy issues
- Major types of health policies, including special populations such as racial/ethnic minorities, the mentally ill, those with low-income, women & children, the elderly, people with HIV/AIDS, and the homeless