The important concepts of both financial and accounting management are covered in this best-selling healthcare finance ebook. Through numerous examples, clear explanations, and realistic practice problems, it equips future managers with the grounding they need to make financially good decisions for their healthcare organizations.
This comprehensively updated, Healthcare Finance: An Introduction to Accounting and Financial Management, 6th Edition, (PDF) offers more focus on the unique marketplace for healthcare services and added examples from nonhospital settings, including medical practices, clinics, nursing homes, home health agencies and managed care organizations.
Particular content changes include:
- Improved coverage of the revenue cycle
- This edition also includes a more user-friendly layout and additional end-of-chapter practice problems.
- And above, an introduction to time-driven activity-based costing, a method for costing at the patient level.
- Coverage of three service-line costing methods: relative value unit, cost-to-charge ratio, and activity-based costing.
- Revised financial accounting formats that conform to the latest American Institute of Certified Public Accountants Guidance
- Increased discussion of health insurance, reimbursement methodologies, and the effect of healthcare reform on provider behavior
- A new presentation of managerial accounting material that follows more logical progression of concepts, highlighting the level of analysis (organization, department, service) instead of techniques.
Online college student resources include:
A chapter on lease financing and business valuation (previously included in the ebook) A chapter on distributions to owners: dividends, bonuses, and repurchases
A newer edition is also available. See related ebooks below
NOTE: The product only includes the ebook, Healthcare Finance: An Introduction to Accounting and Financial Management, 6th Edition in PDF. No access codes are included.