Bridging an existing gap between maths and programming, Elementary Number Theory with Programming (PDF) provides a unique introduction to elementary number theory with fundamental coverage of computer programming. Written by highly-qualified experts in the fields of mathematics and computer science, the ebook features accessible coverage for readers with various levels of experience and explores number theory in the context of programming without relying on advanced prerequisite knowledge and concepts in either area.
The Elementary Number Theory with Programming ebook features comprehensive coverage of the methodology and applications of the most well-known problems, theorems, and concepts in number theory. Using standard mathematical applications within the programming field, the ebook presents modular arithmetic and prime decomposition, which are the basis of the public-private key system of cryptography. In addition, the ebook includes:
- A related website with links to select exercises
- Select solutions to the chapter exercises in an appendix
- An Instructor’s Solutions Manual available on a companion website (sold separately)
- Numerous examples, exercises, and research challenges in each chapter to encourage readers to work through the discussed concepts and ideas
- Plentiful sample computer programs to aid comprehension of the presented material for readers who have either never done any programming or need to improve their existing skill set
Elementary Number Theory with Programming is a useful etextbook for graduate and undergraduate-level students majoring in computer science or mathematics, as well as an excellent supplement for teachers and college students who would like to better understand and appreciate number theory and computer programming. The ebook is also an ideal reference for programmers, computer scientists, and researchers interested in the mathematical applications of programming.