Addresses importance of new technology and changing structures of online learning – This authoritative textbook, Developing Online Courses in Nursing Education, 4th edition, (PDF) shows nurse educators and nursing students how to teach in the online environment, using best practices and the latest technology. The 4th edition discusses the importance of lifelong learning and the relationship to flexible online learning environments, which are changing the dynamics of education. This valuable resource provides updated strategies for organizing and disseminating course content and examines such topics as MOOCs (Massive Open Online Courses), certificates, badges, and stackable degrees.
The fourth edition also provides the latest evidence-based research examining student-teacher interactions, course management, web-based resources, and best practices. Chapters include real-world examples and applications of these concepts.
New to the Fourth Edition:
- Addresses the interaction between nurse educators and instructional designers
- Provides enhanced understanding of design, design strategies, and technology
- Underscores the importance of lifelong learning and flexible, creative learning environments
- Includes updated best practices for pedagogy, interaction, reconceptualizing course content, course evaluation, student assessment, and more
- Delivers 4 new chapters on the changing role of the nurse educator, changing faculty roles, designing flexible learning environments and using technology to meet the needs of varied students
- Defines the distinct role of the online educator
- Includes abundant examples and reflexive questions
- Delineates pathways for using online modalities to engineer learning
- Demonstrates foundational concepts for using technology to teach online
- Identifies guiding structures for maximizing learning in online environments
- Promotes the best use of technology according to the needs of the students and learners
- Delivers theories and frameworks guiding the development and use of a flexible environment