Written for the graduate level or upper-level undergrad majors course, Advanced Human Nutrition, 4th Edition, (PDF) provides an in-depth overview of the human body and details why nutrients are important from a physiological, biochemical, and molecular perspective. Through its awesome writing style and clear illustrations and figures, the textbook clearly outlines the metabolism and the molecular functions of nutrients. A variety of pedagogical elements within the textbook, such as “Here’s Where You Are Going” and “Here’s Where You Have Been” help clarify key points from the chapter and provide real-world examples to bring the content to life.
New & Key to the 4th Edition
- – NEW – Includes coverage of the role of the fat-soluble vitamins in Alzheimer’s disease
- – NEW – Incorporates controversy brought about by some scientists on protein requirements as it relates to the RDA
- – NEW – Each chapter now concludes with “Clinical Insight” which presents the clinical relevance of the nutritional science topics covered within the chapter
- – NEW – Chapter 2 now discusses bariatric surgery procedures used to treat obesity, as well as diseases of the gastrointestinal tract that have nutritional relevance in health and disease
- – NEW – Includes the latest algorithms used by the American Heart Association and American College of Cardiology in determining the risk of a cardiac event
NOTE: This sale only includes the ebook Advanced Human Nutrition, 4th edition, in PDF. No access codes come with the product.